Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I'm not going to finish the saga below right now, just a few things to say.

To start off, when I'm having difficulty with the photocopier, I don't want teachers to treat me like a 5 year old who looks bewildered by the broken pencil sharpener when the teacher wants to sharpen his pencil. I CAN do it myself but if I'm confused don't look down on me and do it for me, tell me what's wrong with what I've done and show me how to do it myself.
Now hooray for English essays occasionally and this is an occasion for celebration. I have an essay due for English tomorrow with the question (loosely remembered) "What does Shakesepeare suggest to you about the internal conflict in personalities (ie good vs evil)?" but we are also supposed to make it interesting and go out on a limb and such when possible. I was working on brainstorming his elements of good and evil within Macbeth's personality and had no idea what to do with them, until I came to the idea of his initial loyalty (to his king) followed by disloyalty (his murdering that king and later his friend and another thane's family, to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read or seen Macbeth before). Then I thought about contrasting the two and looked up on Google something about honour or chivalry and related concepts and I found the Japanese samurai tenants of Bushido and started jotting down how Macbeth managed to both exceed and fail to meet the basic social expectations of a samurai. I asked Ms Longinotti this morning if I could do it and she said that she looked forward to reading it. :)
Now, I'm going to go sit on the pink couch in Poirier's room and be a blob of relaxation until the bell rings.

Bye for now, (6 days Kate!)
Me.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I quite like the 'blob of relaxation' bit. Can I read your essay after? I just went to a french bookstore (60 Euros later...)
See you soon!!!