Thursday, June 22, 2006

Jobs and World Cup.

I haven't gotten the chance to really watch as much of the World Cup as I've wanted to, but I must say I'm very pleased that Ghana beat the USA today, knocking them out of the rounds.
I love Aqualung today just because they're one of the bands whose music is working when I transfer it from the desktop computer to the laptop, that and they're pretty awesome.
On the job front, I have now given out six applications, including the worthless try at Safeway; the stores that are vying and/or considering and/or have an application are: Dalhousie's Chapters and their Starbucks location, Brentwood's Hula Juice and North Hill's Coles, Sears and HMV looks very promising (when I asked them if they were hiring the guy behind the counter asked if I wanted a full-time or part-time position and upon my saying "full-time" he asked if I could do part-time and I said sure, then about my availability and then the last three CDs I had bought and he said he'd probably call me in a few days! :-D).
Hopefully HMV'll work out and pay well and give me a good few hours.
And I went off with Georgeanne whilst job hunting and she brought the muffins she had made and we ate them and looked over her application for her uncle's shop down in the industrial South.
Tomorrow should prove good too as I'll be going to an art show with Oriana and Rosella and then to Georgeanne's dad's BBQ and Kate is also invited to it so yay!

I must go downstairs and sweep now, so 'til later people.
Oh! By the way, people with radios should listen on CBC Radio One, 1010 am, tonight from 7:30 to 8:00 pm because there'll be some interesting segments including this one:
Slavery's lingering legacy: blacks in Oklahoma seek a place among the Cherokee Indians that once held them captive -- only to find racism as pervasive now, as it was back then.
So listen to CBC tonight.

'Kay, bye now,
Me.

No comments: