Thursday, September 27, 2007

Burma

I blogged about Aung San Suu Kyi on my old blog and she has remained one of my heroes. She is the rightful prime minister of Burma and I unquestionably support her eventual reinstatement as head of the Burmese government.

I have the utmost repect for the incredible Buddhist monks who have led demonstrations unprecedented since the 1988 crackdown in response to the 8888 democratic uprising mobilized up to 100 000 citizens, primarily in Yangon, the former Burmese capital (recently relocated to a practically fabricated city, originally a small village, Nay Pyi Taw), for the last several days.


Finally, after a reported 20 people have been killed, China has called on all sides in Burma to exercise restraint.


http://www.cbc.ca/photogallery/world/733/

No comments: