Monday, February 19, 2007

So I just discovered that I don't have Choir tomorrow morning and that's really exciting! Sleep-in until 7.30! Yay!
Here's a real update.
I really do love life, even if some things are making it more complicated. My classes this semester are going well so far. Well, passable at least. English is a good class (I had "English is good" then reconsidered it...), discussions centring around somewhat similar themes throughout the presentations on A Streetcar Named Desire (which is amazing and everyone has to read it, by the way).
Then I have Poli Sci, where we have our first test tomorrow on the Intro and the USA chapter, which I have not read in full because I am a bad person. We've had our "Create-A-Country" project and sang summary songs about US politics (so here's hoping the concepts I skimmed from there are on the test!) and will be putting together our mobiles on the sections of the UK chapter tomorrow.
After which I have Spanish, which I've gone to all but once when I had to finish the essay part of my project for English (we had a sub who had no idea what we were doing and reminded me exactly of Mme. Salloum...could be her younger sister... but not really), where we're reviewing Spanish 20 and working on new verbs and the placement of pronouns and all that good stuff.
And finally there's Math, which is pretty good I suppose, we're starting our second unit, Trig, the one I hate among others, and I had my first test last Wednesday so hopefully we'll see how I did and hopefully I did somewhat well on it.

There is then, of course, Debate and Model UN, the other big time consumers in my life. Bilinguals are on Friday then HSMUN is Saturday and Sunday, and then English Regionals is coming up in two weekends I think. We have a general semblence of a case for Regionals that'll be usable by Friday (fingers crossed), based on what we worked out at the Gr 12 dinner, two weekends ago now if I'm not mistaken, and what Sean and Georgeanne and Kate and I have cobbled together in between. And we have contacts this year for Model UN, or at least I do now, I'm sure everyone else had people in mind last year they could talk to but now I have people from SUNIA who I know who I can talk to throughout the Sim about stuff and trying to pressure their schools and such, so that'll be a good time. However, I really should call work tomorrow to tell them I can't come in next Sunday...

And then I have my actual life, outside of work and school and other things and that's going well too: going out for coffee and tea with friends or staying in and going tobogganing, having deep conversations over foosball most nights with Joseph about our days and the random facts from his Eastern and Western Religions classes and his Poli Sci prof's doomsday predictions and literary and musical musings, chatting with parents whenever.

Me voila. As I've said, life is good and I'm enjoying it. Sure, it'll be busy in the next while but with any luck it'll only spice things up and not drag me down to an overburdened state next-door to jello.

There's a substantial update. Other people should find time to update too. *smiles cheekily*

Bye for now all and until later,
Me.

2 comments:

Shenikay said...

I did update. My entire life = nats.

Devon said...

I'm going to update! SO SOON, even! Just you watch!