Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I had choir first...

and now I'm all happy and awake. I got up around 6 and was at the school about twenty-five after seven and we went over Bridge over Troubled Water and In Remembrance from Requiem and quickly over Dry Your Tears Afrika.
I am currently avoiding working in French, we're doing skits about mountain climbing related activities to familiarize ourselves with the vocab before we read Ch 4 of La Neige en Deuil and we have to find definitions then make a skit and use at least 30 of the 40 words on the list in it. Excuse me while I die. *dies*

Anyways, I have Bio next and we're doing the ear and discovering how mature my class is, when Ms Ng told her joke "Prince Charles has large pinnas (said pin-ahs)" we chuckled and thereafter whenever she mentioned the pinna at least someone would laugh. Don't get me start on the cochlea and cochlear duct, so ridiculous.

At lunch we have our second real debate meeting, featuring Anne on vocal hygiene then discussion groups for people going to U of A and to Western, which are at the same time so I won't have to research whether we should make people with "unhealthy lifestyles" pay for their health care!

In Social after lunch we'll write the Chapter 2/3 test and work on our mobiles and maybe present our Chapter summary video on democracies and hand out the associated tests and notes.

Then comes Spare and I'll go get my passport photos taken at Sears then go home and work on homework things.

I'm almost done my passport, all I need is to find my birth certificate so I can write some number from it on the application then get my identity validated by reliable people and then I can send it off with government issued cards and I'll be waiting with anticipation for the passport to come.

Dad was scoping flights for Stuttgart for the end of November and if we catch this seat sale we can get four people onto a flight from Calgary to Frankfurt, two hour lay-over in Frankfurt, then a 45 min flight to Stuttgart and basically the same thing back. I am le excited. :-D

Anyhow, I'm going to maybe consider doing some work for French, even though we have until next Monday to prepare for it so really work isn't entirely necessary at this time but suggested I guess.

Bye all!
Me.

7 comments:

Shenikay said...

ooh dry your tears afrika is SOOO beautiful. i sang it in grade 10, i love it so very much. and omfg jealous of germany....

A. said...

Choir practice is in the morning now?

Oh my...(The only crazy activities in the music programme on at those hours were Jazz Band and Wind Ensemble...but Choir?) *gives you congratulatory pat on the shoulder for taking on the early morning practices challenge* Choir used to be afterschool. Hm.

Wait, if Choir is Tuesday mornings now, what happened to Wind Ensemble I wonder...(Tues and Thurs)

Ahaha...pointless skits...they were so pointless. (Though,if you had comedic types in your class, then it was tons of fun)

A. said...

Then again, I forgot to mention this, I was in Wind Ensemble. Walking to school at 7am in the winter did not equal fun. But I liked the music 8^D

Cohen said...

well see, the choir practice i did today was for tenors, so it was the specific group rather than all of choir. choir is still thursdays after school. and some band practice was on this morning because two of the tenors couldn't make it.
also, i crashed in second period, five and a half hours sleep or less is a bad idea.

Devon said...

Oh, highschool. I kind of miss it. The structure was occasionally a good thing. On the other hand, now I only take classes I want to take and have much less hw, so there is that. Still, it sounds like a good time, and, to echo Kelci, omfg jealous of germany.

Devon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A. said...

Oh, sectionals you mean.

Oh yeah, with the early Band/Choir practices, you'll have to manage around that whole getting enough sleep thing. But since it seems it's not going to be regular (or...will it? *Dundun*--also, you might get lunch-hour sectionals), don't worry too much about the "getting enough sleep on practice days" unless you are like I was and in Wind Ensemble or Jazz Band. (Tues and Thurs mornings + Weds afterschool was AAH)

I miss the Music programme. ♪